- Christian Pulisic is a “poor fit” for Chelsea, and should consider leaving the club at the end of the season, according to ESPN pundits Shaka Hislop and Craig Burley.
- Pulisic has struggled to make an impact at Stamford Bridge since his $73 million move from Borussia Dortmund, spending four of the club’s last five games on the bench.
- “This whole transfer, from the time it was announced, just seemed like a poor fit,” said Hislop.
- Burley added: “If you’re not playing regular, you’ve got to assess how your next year is going to pan out.”
- Pulisic has admitted his own frustration at the lack of game time. “I just have to continue to learn,” he told NBC Sports.
- Read more of our soccer coverage here.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Christian Pulisic is a “poor fit” for Chelsea FC and should consider leaving the club at the end of the season, according to ESPN pundits Shaka Hislop and Craig Burley.
Pulisic signed for Chelsea in a $73 million transfer from Borussia Dortmund in January, but didn’t join up with his new teammates until the summer.
But since doing so the USA starlet has struggled to make an impact at Stamford Bridge and, in recent weeks, has found himself consigned to the substitutes’ bench. Club manager Frank Lampard has not selected him in four of the last five games.
Pulisic’s only start in September came against Grimsby Tow