- Referee Maurice Paarhuis scored during a Dutch fourth tier game in May, and then allowed the goal to stand.
- Home side Harkemase Boys were leading 3-1 when Paarhuis scored for visitors HSV Hoek to make it 3-2.
- Fortunately for the Dutch official, his goal would have no impact on the final score, with Harkemase going on to win 4-2.
- The calamitous goal resurfaced on Twitter this week. You can watch it below.
- Read more of our soccer stories here.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Soccer referee Maurice Paarhuis showed off his remarkable striking instincts in a Dutch fourth tier game between Harkemase Boys and visitors HSV Hoek back in May.
Footage of the official getting a little too close to the action and poking the ball in the back of the net resurfaced on Twitter this week.
Hoek were 3-1 down at the time but on the attack, when the ball was whipped across the box and a messy